Monday, June 29, 2009

I am...

My eyes are burning with the desire felt but once before. I float through a valley walked by many but remebered by few. Their footsteps echo with the daunting sound of my imminant demise. Soon the sensation will leave me, yet my mind keeps my thoughts burned in my head. I am not lost but awakened to the greater sense of meaning burning before me. Those who judge are left only with the satisfaction empty sensation that they are better than me. But I can see more clearly, as if the smoke let down the curtain to a hidden mirror. I see my reflection and realize it has changed more than I care to know. I am simply a shell of who I was and what I believed in. No matter where I go from here, I carry these scares forever. I am no longer a pillar of confidence and knowledge, but a man who cringes at the thought of time and death. I am a lost soul, bound by faith, yet driven by the unknown. I am...nothing more than a man of the world who wishes to prove he can sit atop the milkey way and rule with a fist of dust. For that is all we really are, dust in a cosmic universe.

STW

No comments: