Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Slaying a Giant

Mind you this was a dream so logically it may not make sense. However none of this was made up. I dreamt every single action that takes place and added no more or less.

The mist is heavy as it falls on the green mountainside. I am running for my life. I have a companion with me, someone who is familiar to me, but I do not see their face. As I keep running towards the mountain, I turn my head to see what I am running from. I see four figures, cloaked in black, running at me with swords drawn. It fuels my fear and I begin to feel my legs ache with exhaustion. I look towards the green mountainside and suddenly see a grappling hood thrown over the top of the mountain. Instantly a figure cloaked in blue is running up the rope, and I recognize them to be friendly. As I turn to the figure I am running with more men, cloaked in blue begin to gather in front of me. As I reach them, they are all staring intently at my pursuers, and I realize that my companion is no longer with me. Suddenly the men cloaked in black behind me are building a wall, preparing for what it seems a battle. They have red banners and are waving them as more and more black cloaked figures begin to mass behind their stone wall. I look to my right to see the blue figures creating a wooden platform with wood spikes surrounding it. A man is sitting on the chair that is perched on top of the platform. He is wearing what appears to be black and blue animal skins, and is completely bald. He turns and hands me a sheathed sword. The sheath is made of twisted gold metal, and is quite heavy. Suddenly the men in black across from us are attacking. I hear distant yells and see men fighting, however I am not engaged in the battle at all. I have the looming feeling in my head we are losing, as if we are the good guys being pushed to the brink. Then a man in black lunges at me. He swings and I raise the sword in sheath to protect myself. The sheath begins to crack, and suddenly the sheath breaks away from the sword. As I stare down out the voice I hear a booming voice echo in my head, "That is the sword I need". I look up to see a man who towers above everybody else. He is a giant by all respects to the word giant. I suddenly realize I must fight him. I lunge at his ankles, slicing quickly, then jump up, somhow using the sword to propel me up and slice his face. He merely laughs and I realize my blade is like a paper cut to his skin. I then realize the only way to bring him down. He grabs me, I see his eyes, black and lifeless as he brings me to the front of his face. I suddenly lunge from his grip, and grab the side of his face. I quickly scramble to his ear, and thrust my sword inside his ear, hearing it crunch bone as it drives through his skull. I am then woken up by my mother vaccuming.

STW

No comments: